Cross posted from the blog of the CST
Ken Livingstone is a left-wing anti-Nazi anti-racist former Mayor of London. David Irving is not, but was briefly famous for having lost a Holocaust Denial trial. Livingstone and Irving could never be accused of being natural bedfellows. There are, however, similarities:
- First, a strange and unpleasant compulsion to keep talking about Hitler, Nazis and the Holocaust.
- Second, a troubling tendency to spin historical facts and contexts.
- Third, a curious over-reliance upon unreliable sources.
- Fourth, an unfortunate habit of making their enemies’ points for them.
- Fifth, further to all of the above, when in a hole, they just keep on digging.
- Sixth, a new point of similarity. The offering of prizes to those who can prove them wrong. For Irving, it was £1,000 for documentation showing Hitler knew of the Holocaust. For Livingstone, it is “a free meal for anyone who…
View original post 447 more words